1st XI 231-8 drew with Southend 214-4. Lovejoy 114 Crace 53 Hebron H 2-24
2nd XI 244 drew with Loughton 204-9. Berry 53 Dale 57 Kennedy 4-33 Stephens 3-49
3rd XI 146-3 beat Ilford 142 by 7 wickets. Everett 3-24 Gilhooly 55 Everett 39
1st XI 140 lost to Wanstead 141-2 by 8 wickets in the Essex League Cup. Hebron H 41 Foley 48 Eckford 2-56
1st XI 124-5 beat Orsett 123-5 by 5 wickets.
1st XI 162-5 beat Billericay 138-7 by 24 runs. Jack Hebron 60 Lovejoy 50 Jack Hebron 3-20
– Ground was left in a disgraceful state last Saturday. We are buying more rubbish bins and a cigarette bin – use them please. More people at the ground this week so need to be extra tidy. The ground requires more setting up when 2/3’s are at home so captain’s will require your help this week organising the pavilion, sightscreens, rope, drinks, scoreboards, seating ect. Please don’t get there late and leave other people to do this.
– Much better availability for the 3rd XI, please keep this up, we will always struggle till school holidays. Thanks to people like Colin Foster, Bob Verma, Luke Bruce and Leon Dias for stepping up and helping out.
– We now have had three league matches this season; 1st XI are W0 D2 L1 and sit 8th in the table, 2nd XI W1 L1 D1 are 4th and 3rd XI W2 D0 L/C1 are 5th. This is a solid start to the season. We never expected to get off to a flyer due to some questionable availability and many changes at the club. However, as availability is now becoming consistent I think we should be really positive and ambitious for the season. Remember pre-season our objectives were mid-table for the 1’s while winning the T20, top-four for the 2’s and mid-table for the 3’s. We are on track for all of these so well done!
– All Stars Cricket brilliant turnout again last week, thanks to Omar Ahmed, Tashaq Husain and Greg Stephens for coming down and helping. This week it’s the turn of Kieran Dale, Billy Ince and Henry Hebron. Please be there for 1015, finished by 1130.
– Training, not good from the senior players last week. I’ll make sure that someone is down at the ground tomorrow to open up. I realise I am not able to attend on Thursdays and so do not want to seem hypocritical but please try and get down if you can.
– I’ve had little feedback regarding the Summer Ball, I’ll now be contacting all players directly to get a commitment to this event.
– Well done to Ben Allison for getting selected for Essex 2nd XI only for it to be cancelled! Ollie Lovejoy for making a century and a half century last weekend – brilliant. Cracey for first 50 of the season. Jack Hebron for skippering the 1’s to double success on Monday in the T20 and batting well himself. Alex Berry for continuing his excellent start at the club. Kieran Dale for a really good knock at Loughton while Kennedy and Greg Stephens both bowled well. Simon Gilhooly continued his effort to get over 50 every game this season. And finally Columbus Everett for a very good all round performance in the 3’s at Ilford.